- 2021 BMW Deliveries Increase 20.8% vs 2020.
- 2021 MINI Deliveries Increase 6.4% vs 2020.
- Successful Year Despite Continuing Challenges of the Ongoing Global Pandemic and Associated Supply Chain Issues.
- BMW Sales Momentum Remains Strong as First Deliveries of BMW iX and BMW i4 Electric Vehicles Begin this Quarter.
- Full BMW X Model Line-Up of Sports Activity Vehicles Accounts for 60% of 2021 sales.
Woodcliff Lake, NJ – January 4, 2022… BMW of North America today reported Q4 2021 and full year 2021 sales results for the BMW and MINI brands in the U.S.
In the fourth quarter of 2021, BMW brand sales in the U.S. totaled 93,031 vehicles, a 5.8% decrease from the 98,750 vehicles sold in the fourth quarter of 2020. For the full year 2021, BMW brand sales increased 20.8% on total sales of 336,644 compared to the 278,732 vehicles sold in 2020.
MINI brand sales in the U.S. totaled 7,860 vehicles in the fourth quarter of 2021, a decrease of 8.1% vs the 8,549 vehicles sold in the fourth quarter of 2020. For the full year 2021, MINI brand sales increased 6.4% on total sales of 29,930 vehicles compared to the 28,138 vehicles sold in 2020.
While the automotive industry continues to navigate the challenges of the ongoing global pandemic and associated supply chain issues, BMW Group has once again shown a positive year of growth in the U.S. This was delivered on the strength of the company’s dynamic product portfolio, flexibility of its global production network, and strong dealer collaboration. The company and its network of dealer partners have worked together to manage inventory levels and fulfill strong customer demand for new vehicles. In the first quarter of 2022, BMW customers will begin to take the first deliveries of two all-new, fully-electric offerings – the BMW iX Sports Activity Vehicle and BMW i4 Gran Coupe.
“We are proud of the success we achieved in another unusual year and look forward to building on that as we accelerate our electric vehicle strategy in 2022,” said Sebastian Mackensen, president and CEO, BMW of North America. “I would like to thank our dealers for their flexibility and perseverance, and our customers for their loyalty to our brand as we work to meet the strong demand for BMW vehicles in the U.S.”
Table 1: New Vehicle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, Q4 & Full Year 2021.
BMW passenger cars
BMW light trucks
BMW Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles.
- 23,180 BMW Certified Pre-Owned vehicles were sold during the fourth quarter of 2021, a 10.2% decrease from the same quarter a year ago. For the full year 2021, BMW Certified Pre-Owned sales totalled 109,743 vehicles, a 1.1% increase from the 108,593 vehicles sold in 2020.
MINI Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles.
- 1,720 MINI Certified Pre-Owned vehicles were sold during the fourth quarter of 2021, a 20.9% decrease from the same quarter a year ago. For the full year 2021, MINI Certified Pre-Owned sales totaled 10,527 vehicles a 10.9% increase from the 9,490 vehicles sold in 2020.
Table 2: Certified Pre-Owned Vehicle Sales BMW of North America, LLC, Q4 & Full Year 2021.